SCIENCE BAFFLED BY MISSING DAY
22. Did you know that the space program has been proving that what had been called myth in the Bible is true? Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore, and a consultant in the Space program related the following:
23. “One of the most amazing things happened recently to our astronauts and Space scientists at Greenbelt, Maryland. They were checking the position of the sun, moon and planets out in Space where they would be 100 or 1000 years from now. We have to know this so we don’t send a satellite up and have it bump into something later on in its orbits. We have to lay out the orbit in terms of the life of the satellite. They ran the computer measurements back and forth over the centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and flashed a red signal meaning that there was something wrong with either the information it had been fed, or the results as compared to a given standard. The service department ran a check and found nothing was wrong with either, but the computer showed that there was one day missing in elapsed time in Space. They could find no answer for it.
24. “One religious fellow on the team recalled that the Bible mentioned a time in the Old Testament in which the sun stood still for nearly a day. They got a Bible and found in Joshua a ridiculous statement for anybody who had common sense, to believe! However, there it was in Joshua 10:13. The computers hummed as they retraced their steps to the time of Joshua, and added the time the Scriptures said the sun stood still. It was close, but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua’s day was 23 hours and 20 minutes … not a whole day. (The Bible had said, ‘About [approximately] a whole day.’)
25. “These little words in the Bible are important. They were still in trouble. If you cannot account for 40 minutes, you will be in trouble 1000 years from now. The time had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits of the planets. The fellow who had started the Scripture hunt remembered that the Bible also spoke about a time when the sun went backward. The Space men told him he must be out of his mind, but they got the Book and read 2Kings 20. There Isaiah, as proof of a prophecy made to Hezekiah, asked the Lord to turn back the sun ten degrees. Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes. Therefore, 23 hours and 20 minutes in Joshua plus 40 minutes in 2Kings make up the 24 missing hours that the Space travellers would have to log in the log-books as being the missing day in the Universe.” Once again God is proving His divine truth as revealed in the Bible, God’s Word!–REPRINT FROM LAKEVIEW MESSENGER.
26. “He that putteth his faith in the Lord shall never be put to shame!” (Psalm 31:1)