Power Promises to Help You Hear from Heaven
* “No good thing will [God] withhold from those who walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11).
* “In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul” (Psalm 138:3).
* “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth” (Jeremiah 1:9).
* “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know” (Jeremiah 33:3).
* “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. … He reveals deep and secret things.” (Daniel 2:20, 22).
* “Do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit” (Mark 13:11).
* “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” (Luke 11:9-13).
* “When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come” (John 16:13).
* “And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams” (Acts 2:17).
[In a box:]
One of the main principles involved in reaching a decision is: Don’t start talking-pray! Prayer is not just speaking your piece to God, but letting God speak His, too, and waiting until He answers. If you do, He’ll tell you what you’re supposed to do. Take time to hear from God, and He’ll take the time to straighten out the problem.
* * *
Noah [in the Bible] must have spent lots of time hearing from the Lord, or he couldn’t have gotten all those directions on how to build the ark! Remember, he’d never even seen a boat that size before! God probably gave him the exact specifications for every inch of the ark!
* * *
When the Lord gives you the gift of prophecy, it’s for a purpose. He expects you to use it to get His direction when the answer to your specific question or problem is not in the Word. Then you must be willing to do things His way, because only He knows what to do.
It’s not a heavy burden to ask Him for answers and direction. To the contrary, it’s wonderful, liberating, life-changing, marvelous, and amazing that He speaks to us directly and personally, answering our questions and giving us His counsel and encouragement and comfort, opening up to us the secrets of hearts and situations. Hear from Him today, and you’ll be so happy-and so will He!
Jesus can give you personalized instruction for any situation that comes up. He knows what you’re going through, and He can and wants to give you what you need-answers to your questions, direction when you don’t know what to do, comfort when you feel like you can’t go on, courage to be a witness when you’re afraid, solutions to personnel conflicts that seem beyond repair, the encouragement you need to do His will when you’re struggling with a difficult decision, and the supernatural strength that comes only when you lean on Him and find His strength. All of this and more is at your disposal if you’ll just take your problems, trials, needs, and questions to Jesus!